On My Bedside {The House at Riverton}

While down in Savannah, I mentioned that I was reading The House at Riverton by Kate Morton.  It came highly recommended by many of you and boy were you ever right – it was enchanting and engaging and thoroughly enjoyable!!  A perfect choice for those of us biding time until Downton Abbey comes back in January 2014,  (ugh, could that be any farther away?!!?) I often found myself marveling at how similar many of the characters and events in the book were to that favorite television series. 

The House at Riverton

Goodreads says: On the eve of a glittering society party, by the lake of a grand English country house, a young poet takes his life. The only witnesses, sisters Hannah and Emmeline Hartford, will never speak to each other again.  Winter 1999 - Grace Bradley, ninety-eight, one-time housemaid of Riverton Manor, is visited by a young director making a film about the poet's suicide. Ghosts awaken and old memories - long consigned to the dark reaches of Grace's mind - begin to sneak back through the cracks. A shocking secret threatens to emerge, something history has forgotten but Grace never could.  Set as the war-shattered Edwardian summer surrenders to the decadent twenties, The House at Riverton is a thrilling mystery and a compelling love story.

I have added a few of Morton’s other works to my list!!  Let me know what’s on your bedside…
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home