Blogger Tag and I’m It-Q and A


My friend, Kristin, from A Simply Klassic Home, sent me a sweet letter today asking if I would play a game that’s going around called Blogger Tag.   The game is that she asks me questions about myself, and I answer them.

 

Uggg….I really have a hard time at stuff like this because it requires me to think to deep within myself.    That’s hard for me.

 

Anyway, because I really have enjoyed meeting Kristin and think she is a super sweet lady, I decided I could give this a try.

 

If you choose to read further, thank you.  If you don’t, it’s okay.  Really.

 

I am showing you me even though I very seldom ever post pictures of me.  I thought maybe it might help you to read about me if you saw me.  (That would be four times I said ME)  Smile

 

amy 1

 

Here are the questions that Kristin asked…

 

1.  If you could spend the day with your favorite blogger, who would it be and why? What would you do?

 

Oh my goodness, this is so hard.  You have to understand that I am such a people pleaser and do not like to hurt anyone’s feelings.  I want to make everyone happy, and do you know how hard that is to do?  (anyway, I digress)  Some would say that they want to list everybody.  I say that and mean it.  I want to list everyone that I follow.

Can I give a couple of people of who I would want to spend the day with?  First of all, Becky from Buckets of Burlap, has become like my sister, and I love being with her.  I have actually gotten to spend time with her and we have a blast doing anything and everything together.  The other person that I would love to meet and spend the day with is Debbie from Words on Wheels.  This lady loves the Lord, is an amazing prayer warrior, and a truly funny person.  I would love to sit with her and study the Word.  I think she is probably an amazing Bible teacher.  Okay…one more person, please.  I would also love to spend the day with Becky from Junk to Joy.  Again, a lady who loves the Lord and loves to talk about Him.  She is also amazingly talented so I would love to sit in her craft room and learn from her.

WHEW!!!!  That was hard because I really want to tell you so many more, but I will stop.

 

2.  What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

 

My favorite flavor is homemade vanilla ice cream.  I like vanilla because I can dress it up with different fruits, sauces, etc.  I am pretty simple.

 

3.  What current decorating/design/clothing trend do you despise?

 

I will answer about clothing.  I highly dislike low rise pants that so many girls and women wear now.  I do not want to see your underwear or bottom and I sure don’t want my husband or son to see them.  I could preach a sermon on this one, but I will stop with that.

 

4.  What TV show are you embarrassed to admit that you watch?

 

Ok, honestly, there are several shows that I watch that do not have the best language.  In our defense,  we do use a language blocker on our television, but it doesn’t always catch all of the bad words.  And if I am being really honest, there are just some shows that are funnier if you have some of those choice words.  For example, I LOVE Tyler Perry’s movies and his tv shows.  I’m sorry, but when you take out the bad words, it’s just not as funny.  (how terrible do you think I am now)   DISCLAIMER…we have a few words that we WILL NOT listen to and if they come on, we will change the show. 

 

5.  Who or what inspired you to start blogging?

 

I have  a precious friend who began a family blog and encouraged me to do the same.  I first started blogging on a different blog that was just family stuff.  Soon there after, I began my home blog and was hooked!  What friends I have made on here and what things I have learned.

 

6.  What quote/saying do you aim to live by?

 

I don’t know that I have a quote or saying necessarily that I live by.  I do have favorite scriptures that I turn to and try to focus on.    I have also tried to focus on the word “devoted” over the last few years.  I am first and foremost devoted to God and then my family.

 

7.  What do you think of Pinterest? (this may be a loaded question right now...)

 

I really don’t get on Pinterest very often.  I enjoy it when I do, but I just don’t have the time.  I spend waaay too much time as it is on my blog and my etsy shop so I try to stay away from Pinterest unless I really have a reason.  (my teenage daughter loves it)

 

8.  What's your favorite sandwich?

 

I love grilled cheese sandwiches on homemade bread.  I like to use different kinds of cheeses and then add a few pickles.  Remember, I told you that I am simple.

 

9. What is your guilty pleasure?

 

I have a diet Dr. Pepper each and every day.  It has to be in a bottle and needs to be really cold.  I am probably a diet Dr. Pepper addict.  I know they are not good for you, but I just gotta have it.  Add a York Peppermint Patty, and I am one happy women.

 

10.  What is the worst gift you've ever received?

 

Honestly, I don’t think there is a worst gift.  I have had a few that were not great, but I really don’t want to say what they were in case the giver of that gift reads this post.  Smile  My daughter reminded me that I got big old granny panties for my 40th birthday that were pretty awful.

 

11.  Do you have a favorite quote from a movie?

 

Frankly, my dear…NO, JUST JOKING, but I had to say that.   It would have to be from The Help.  “You is smart, You is kind, You is important”.  Oh, how that made me cry.  That is my heart.  That’s what I want to tell everyone I am around.    I want them to know how wonderful, precious, and worthy they are.  I love that part of the movie.

 

There you have it. 

 

Are you still with me?

 

Did you really read all of that?

 

I probably wrote way too much, but when I start, I just can’t stop on some things.

 

I would love for you to share a comment on something that I wrote.  Or, ask me a question if you have one.  Now that I have answered those questions, why not just go ahead and answer some more, right?

 

Thanks, Kristin, for wanting to get to know me a little better.  I sure enjoyed getting to know you better.

 

God bless you my friends.

 

All Done…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home