Opal Whiteley

Yesterday, an artist whose work I love so much, Katherine Dunn, told me about Opal Whiteley. I had never heard of her before but was so excited to find out something about her. Katherine said my artwork reminded her of Opal Whiteley's writings and sentiment. I thought that was so thoughtful and kind. It is always so wonderful when you are compared to someone who is appreciated and admired. It is so humbling and encouraging.

I started looking up on the internet about Opal Whiteley and was touched by her gentle spirit. She was very sensitive and had a deep love for nature and an amazing ability to understand the beauties and spirituality of nature......it's connection to God. I feel the same way. We can find God so closely in nature.....such beauty and loveliness.

I wanted to ask if any of you have heard of Opal Whiteley and if so, what do you know about her?? I am going to buy some of her books if I can find them and I am sure will be very moved by her writing. What I think is so terribly tragic however, is what happened to her later in life. Being institutionalized for her beliefs of being a princess......how can people be so cruel and misunderstanding?? I thought that was a very sad thing. I can relate to that very well because my great grandmother, who was from Germany and was a very gentle, sensitive soul, was put in a hospital and left there for 44 years as well. I am still trying to find her records to know more about her. I hope and pray that people will try more to be gentle to those who have sensitive spirits.

I hope you will see Katherine Dunn's website and blog. She is such a gifted, inspired artist!!

Try to find some beautiful flowers today and enjoy their beauty and little songs.

God Bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home