Skirted Table {Porch Projects}

When we first starting talking about the layout of the new porch, I immediately knew I wanted Honey to make me a long, skinny counter-height table to go under the window.  It will be great to use as a buffet, bar and many other things!  
July 2012 169 copy
Honey used scrap wood to build the legs and a shelf underneath.July 2012 280 He used 3/4” sanded plywood to create a smooth top and to make sides that would give it a substantial look.  He made the table height to exactly match my burlap width so that I didn’t have to cut or hem it (40” before the top went on).  To make the burlap skirt, I measured the entire distance around all four sides of the table and then multiplied it by two.  I purchased this 40” burlap at under $2 a yard from OnlineFabricStore.net.  July 2012 190Before I stapled it to the table, I used about a yard of the Towers fabric by Premier Prints in Village Blue to make the greek key-ish border.  I simply cut strips of the fabric and turned down the top and bottom edges with a straight stitch.  I then sewed all of my strips together into one long piece and sewed that onto the bottom of the burlap.July 2012 187 copy

Towers Collection
I love the way it turned out and it was a very affordable way to make this size (18x76”) of a table!
xoxo

Flattered for the features at House on the WayBless My Nest and The CSI Project!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home