A Little Purple For Fall

Hey my friends!

I told you that I was going simple this year for fall, and I am sticking to it.

I have added a few white pumpkins but pretty much everything else I am using is just bits of fall color here and there. 

Can I just tell you that I am loving the simplicity?  Simple décor now means simple clean up when it’s time to change up again.

It is so easy to add great pops of color when most of your background is neutral.

For my sofa table, I made two changes for fall.

carpenter tote 4

carpenter box 3

carpenter tote 2

I added these beautiful vintage purple satin scrolls that were awarded to my grandfather when he showed Jersey Cattle.  This one on top was actually from 1949 and was from a cattle show at a fair in Memphis.  The award was for best Get of Sire.  Raise your hand if you have ever heard of that.  I just learned because I figure if it’s in my home and my papa won it, I need to know what it is.

carpenter tote 5

I also traded out a summery white flower for the beautiful lavender I grew this year.  I truly didn’t have much that actually flowered, but what I did have, I am proudly displaying.

carpenter box 1

I think the green, purple and natural wood are just gorgeous together and have just the right amount of fall flare that I was going for.

carpenter tote 7

I have my mantel all fixed up and a few other spots in the house that I want to show you soon.  I do hope you will come back for another visit.

Thank you to all who come and spend time with me in our home.

I don’t take it lightly when you leave a sweet word about something I have done and especially when you ask about my mom.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Just another quick note…

Let me tell you what I have been doing this week.  The girls and I picked over ninety pounds, yes I said ninety, of apples last week.    We LOVE apple anything, especially apple butter.  We are making apple butter, apple sauce, apple chips, apple bread, apple fruit roll-ups, apple cake, apple muffins, baked apples…anything apple you can think of.

I tend to do things sometimes in extremes, but I really didn’t want the apple season to end and me not have enough apples to be able to  put up what we wanted to last us for quite awhile. 

So, that’s what I have been up to.  What about you?  Would love to hear what’s going on in your life if you want to take a minute and share. 

Blessings to you, my friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home