Updated Fall Entryway

In preparing for Fall, I decided to redo my entryway a little bit.  It used to have a beautiful old chest of drawers there that I would use for storage of table cloths, candles and such.  It really never looked right,  but I felt like it worked okay.

What I really wanted to put there was some sort of bench, but it’s not a very big area. 

I decided to try out my old theater seats in that spot and even though they don’t quite fit, they work, and I like them there.

full entry


window 2

window 1

window 3

Y’all know how much I love words, right.  I found these vintage flashcards at Goodwill the other day and knew I would have a blast with them.

window 4

Aren’t they great on my old window that I put chicken wire on?

window 5

IMG_2671

bench 1

Very often we will sit on the steps in the entryway and talk on the phone.  Now we can sit on this bench.  Guests can also sit here to take their shoes off on a rainy muddy day.  And, the blanket on the back is ready for someone to grab as they head out to sit on the front porch rocker.  Neat huh?

I have to say that I am doing minimal fall decorating  this year.  I am making subtle changes that don’t just slap us all in the face.  White pumpkins…twine… peat pots… a little purple (not much)… spanish moss…branches…extra blankets…and a few other cool things.  Simple, yet nicely done…I hope.

Will show you some of those fall changes pretty soon.

Blessings to you all, my sweet friends.

Linking up at:
Laurieanna's for her Farmhouse Friday



The Inspired Home and her Fall Nesting Party

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home