Faux Fireplace


 
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We still have
leftover pumpkin and pecan pies! We took two pies to our son's house
and our daughter-in-law also bought three.
 
That's a pie per person!  I swore just one piece for me.
really!
Who was I kidding?
 
 
****
 
I want to show you the faux fireplace my dad built over thirty years ago.   His
home is in Florida where you rarely need a fireplace,  most of the older homes
were not built with one.  When I lived in Florida we would occasionally
turn the air conditioner down really low and then turn on the gas
 logs just for the ambiance. 
 
I am so excited to start decorating the mantle Christmas.
 
 


 
 
 
 


 
Sorry about the poor quality photos. For now I am using my little
point and shoot camera.
 
The concrete fireplace was built using miscellaneous architectural pieces
salvaged from many different places.  The insert is a antique coal holder
and the hand painted tiles are 19th century.  
 
Steve and I decorated a small tree at Dad's house yesterday,  tomorrow
I will tackle the mantle.
 
The Open House party starts Wednesday evening and I hope to see you there.
 
Take care.
 
Sherry
 
Partying this week at:
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home