A Cog, A Pulley What is it?




Some of you may remember a house tour post I did recently of the gorgeous home of Les and Bill Stinson.  I absolutely fell in love with their home and some of the unique items they used as decorative accessories.  If you missed seeing this home you can click here.  




I love the use of mill antiques such as this wood cog Les has in her design studio



and these metal wheels she has hanging in the butlers pantry.

While at Lucketts Antique Market I spotted a  large wooden vintage cog.  Now, I must have the most wonderful husband in the world!  He knows how much I like to use quirky things in my decorating and he actually "gets it".  Right away he said for me to buy it but I was the one that hesitated. We had already spent a good bit of money at the show for things for my shop and I was hesitant to spend money on something for myself.  Plus it was not cheap.   After twisting my arm...yeah right, I am the new owner of this wonderful old mill artifact.







See the little metal tag on the wine bottle? I also got four of these tags from the same dealer.

I think this cog may be the start of a new collection of  industrial antiques.  Right now hubby is probably holding his chest and saying  OH NO !. You see this thing weighs a ton and he has to do all the heavy carrying  for me. This will teach him to complain about my dish collection...

I am linking to the following parties. Thanks ladies for hosting!

Hugs,
Sherry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home