The Oreo Cake

I’ve had a few emails about the oreo cake from the baby’s birthday party and thought I’d take a few minutes to share the details as this was SO easy and would be perfect for a new year’s soiree!

December 2012 172 copy
Helpful hints:
  • To fit on my standard 11” cake pedestal, I used three packages of Oreos for the two tiered “cake”. 
  • I stacked six layers per tier.  You will want to stack cookies in the center too so it’s an entire “cake” of oreos. 
  • Be warned that this would be tremendously hard to move so I would make the cake where you want it to end up. 
  • In the future, I would use a dot of icing to “glue” the layers together.  This would definitely make it more stable.
  • I carefully stuck the sparklers almost all the way through the top center cookie before placing it on the cake.
  • I used the red filled holiday cookies, but this would be darling in white too! 

Now, go forth and make the easiest cake you’ll ever do!
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home