Garage Sale Finds!

Saturday I got up at 6.15 am to hit a community yard sale of approximately 40 homes.  I was looking for things for my antique shop as well as for myself.  My rule is for every two items that go to the shop I get to keep one!  Just kidding hubby.

The yard sale was in a neighborhood of beautiful homes.  I knew there would be treasures to be found and I was certainly not disappointed.  Below are the goodies I found that day...I know it looks like a bunch of junk but just wait and see what I do with these treasures. 

I'll save the best for last!



See the cute birdhouse? I painted it white and it has found a home in our morning room.  I also have an idea for the white cubbie shelf. You'll have to come back again to see that transformation.



Okay, so here is what took my breath away!



Johnson Bros. Old Britain Castle
10 dinner plates
8 bread plates
8 saucers
All in perfect condition
for
$10.00 !

I could not pay her quick enough and get out of there. The whole way down the driveway I kept thinking the owner would call me back and say she had made a mistake.  Why would anyone sell these dishes for $10.00 when the one plate on Replacements.com goes for $19.00? I don't know her reasoning but I sure am glad I saw them first! These dishes are staying home with me.





No, I did not get this carrier at the garage sale. My son and Darling DIL gave me a gift certificate for Pottery Barn for Christmas and this is one of the items I chose. Isn't it fabulous?




Can you tell I love this little carrier?  The rose is from my container garden and I added a sprig of rosemary. I wish you could smell this..it is wonderful.



The napkins were from the yard sale and they are so pretty in person.  I am not sure of the fabric but they are very sheer and almost transparent.  I got 10 vintage napkins with tags marked as made in Italy for
$2.00

Thanks everyone for stopping by and taking a look at my yard sale finds and thanks ladies for hosting all the  great parties below. Check these out for fantastic inspiration.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home