Five Cans of Spray Paint Later...

Have you started touching up your wicker furniture for the season? 

My mom gave me a nice green wicker (I guess it's plastic actually, but looks like wicker) sofa for my front porch.  I loved it except that it was dark green and I wanted white. 

After a good cleaning, and a coat of white primer, I began my spray painting.  I figured since I had primed it, it would only take a couple of coats of spray paint.  I was wrong!  I used five cans of spray paint and finally gave up trying to get it completely covered.  It still has a hint of green showing through, but friends, I am tired of painting this little jewel.  I am just going to consider this bit of green as a great patina.  I may try painting it again later when it warms up, but for now, it will just look a little aged and that's just great with me.


Meet my pretty kitty...her name is Pood (rhymes with good)




Can you see the green still shining through?  Good grief, this was a painting job that never ended.

See my new pillow...


I had no idea you could buy burlap feed bags at Tractor Supply.  Did you?  And, it was only .97.  Another great thing is that it was already sewn together on one end so that just left one open end for me to sew.  Remember, I don't sew.

Speaking of sewing...I do have an old sewing machine that doesn't work.  I am sending it to the repair shop to see how much it will cost to fix it.  My goal is to learn how to sew.  I have always wanted to and you ladies have made that desire even stronger.  Also, I hate to keep asking my mom to make things for me.  I really want to learn how.  I will keep you posted on what happens.


I am hooking up with several parties tonight.  Join me over there...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home