Kitchen Cabinet Update

Hey all my friends!

**This post could also be titled, "Working With What You Have"**

Thought I would give you a quick up date on the kitchen cabinets we discussed a couple of weeks ago.  Remember my question and the cabinets I showed you?

Well, nothing has been done in the painting or staining department and that’s okay.  Contentment…remember…is what I am striving for.

I did decide maybe I could take a few more cabinet doors off and maybe that would help open up that area a little as well as deoakify (not a word, I know) the kitchen a little.

It also gave me a chance to play around with my dishes a little, which is always fun to me.

This is what it all looked like before…


oak 1


Now, with the cabinet doors off, it looks like this…


cabs 1


I think it helped a whole lot.  They’re still oak, but they are open.


And, yes I know they are waaay full, but it cannot be helped.  I have to have all that stuff accessible and I really do like dishes stacked to the brim.



cabs 5


Most of my white dishes I have bought at Goodwill or flea markets.  So thankful for thrifty shopping.



cabs 6


Love having these jars of snacks at our disposal.  When it’s in sight, it’s easier to remember we have it.


cabs 8



cabs 11


I use wooden and bamboo cooking utensils 95% of the time so I like having them out and easy to get to.


cabs 10


As much as I enjoy simplicity, this is one place that simple doesn’t work for me.


I am sure you noticed my sign above my sink.  This is my sweet and not so subtle reminder to a few people in my family who often forget that they too can put their dishes in the dishwasher.  That’s not mean, is it?  I don’t think so.


cabs 3


There you have it.  My temporary solution to my orange oak problem. 


Someday those babies might just get a major makeover but hubbie is just not ready yet and I am okay with that.


Trying some other things in my kitchen to soften it up a little and will show you that next.


Have a great rest of your week!

***update on my mom who just called me about 5 minutes ago.  Dr. told her two more treatments left because she is doing so great. (we were thinking eight more)  All of her blood work has been great and she is doing wonderful!!  PRAISE THE LORD!!


Linking up over at The Vintage Farmhouse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home