Pajama Dress "Tutorial" (Jason's February Post)

When I started doing monthly posts for Dear Lillie last summer I made a promise to keep my topics of choice "somewhat related to the general theme of the blog." In keeping with that promise, I decided to try my hand at a little crafting this month. What I thought would take about five minutes wound up taking three days... and still ended up looking like it took only five minutes.

So here is my attempt at a Pajama Dress tutorial...  Please keep in mind though that I have never used a sewing machine before (unfortunately I guess I can't really say that anymore).

STEP 1 - FIND FABRIC
Just Jenni's taste...

Lillie, of course, had to go with Dora.

STEP 2 - TRACE TWO OUTLINES

My right hand was apparently crippled in the outlining process...


STEP 3 - CUT OUTLINES
At this point Lillie and I found ourselves a bit overworked and decided take the rest of the day off.

Little did I know Lillie would want to take turns cutting... Expect this step to take at least an hour if your "helper" is equally interested in "helping."


STEP 4 - PIN SIDES


Lillie was actually surprisingly good at this.

STEP 5 - POSE WITH A PIN WAY TOO CLOSE TO YOUR FACE

STEP 6 - SEW EDGES
Jumping up and down on the foot pedal continuously makes things interesting.

No one says it has to be perfect, Lillie.

STEP 7 - REALIZE YOU SEWED THE ENTIRE DRESS SHUT
Apparently when Jenni said "now sew all the edges" I was supposed to know that meant to leave holes for Lillie's arms, legs, and head. Rookie mistake.

STEP 8 - HAVE A WOMAN EXPLAIN HOW TO FIX IT

STEP 9 - TURN DRESS INSIDE IN
Clearly Lillie had lost interest by now, at which point I realized I was just at Jenni's house making a dress by myself--awkward.

STEP 10 - PHOTOSHOP SOME EXTRA LENGTH ONTO THE DRESS

STEP 11 -  PRETEND IT TURNED OUT WELL


So yeah, it looks like something a Flintstone might wear when dressing down, but at least we tried...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home