A Different Kind Of Fall

 
 
Hi everyone!
 
 
The Fall season is a little different here in Florida than many of you are experiencing in other
parts of the country.  Growing up in central Florida, we never celebrated or decorated for Fall.
It was just an extension of Summer for us with 80+ degree days.
 
In October we still had picnics, went to the beach and swam in the warm water of our pool.  Halloween costumes were limited to those that wouldn't be too hot or scratchy and our Thanksgiving meal was normally eaten on the large screen porch.  Christmas day we rode our new bikes through the neighborhood and played outside with our toys.  Later that day my cousins would come over and we would all have fun in the pool.
 
My parents were both raised in Florida and neither could tolerate cold weather.  Though they
loved to travel, we never took trips outside of Florida in the Winter.   I saw snow for the first time
at the age of twenty.
 
Having moved to Virginia four years ago, (Dad calls it the great frozen North) was the first time I
really got excited about  decorating for the season.  Of course, blogging added to my need to nest.

Yesterday I rode around the neighborhoods near Dad's house in Florida.  There was not a single
pumpkin to be found nor a wreath hung on any door.  What I did find were beautiful lawns and
blooming plants, people sitting on their porches and working in the yards.  Children were walking
home from school dressed in their shorts and t-shirts, men were fishing on the lake and the outdoor
farmers market was doing a brisk business.

I thought you might enjoy seeing what Fall in Florida looks like....

 
 

 
 

The above photos are from dad's yard and below is his neighbors house.  
 


 Aren't these hanging plants amazing?   They each measure about four feet wide!
 

 
 
 
 
 
Speaking of FALL(ing).  Look what I found when I got out of the shower this morning.
 
 
 If you are a regular reader of my blog you already know I have moved to Florida and I am
living with my 86 year old dad. . He had reached a point where he needed full time care.
After having several mini strokes his mobility is very limited.
 
This morning he wasn't in his room and I saw the garage door was open.  I threw
on my shoes and ran outside. 

I found Dad painting the tile roof!

God,  please give me understanding and patience.
 
Now,  I have to find a place to hide the ladder
 
Thanks for dropping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend. 
 
xoxo,
Sherry
 
I am partying at...
 
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home