The Warmth of a Kitchen

What a beautiful day here in Tennessee! 

What about where you are?

I have spent some time in my kitchen recently readying it up for the fall and winter months ahead.  I love the anticipation of pumpkin muffins cooking in the oven, Christmas baking, and mugs of hot cocoa.  The coffee maker is always a must in our home, but I love  adding new fall flavors.

You know I have spent much time thinking about my kitchen cabinets and my counter tops and the what ifs.   I really don’t do that much anymore because it’s pretty much a mute point at this time.   I think the word I used last time I talked about our kitchen was “embracing” what you have. 

Embracing is what I have done. 

Now when I see my kitchen, I tell myself how warm and cozy it looks with those “beautiful” oak cabinets.  I have added lots of copper, which I am in love with.  I have added black hardware and light fixtures.  I am using  industrial stools, shaggy rugs, and of course my white dishes and galvanized pieces.

I now very much enjoy and am very satisfied with my warm and cozy kitchen.  (until my husband says I can do something different, that is) Smile

Let me take you on a little look around…

white cabinet 1


cow 1


recipes 1

Love my nanny’s handwritten recipes taped to the wall.

left side 2


left side


bowls 1


dishes 2


middle 1


sink


fridge 1


full 4


island 1


napkins 2

I love  locker baskets!

island 3


pot rack 1


pot rack 3


island 7


island 11

Someday I will have a stainless steel fridge that matches my dishwasher.  However, we are the kind of people that don’t replace something until it’s broken and my fridge “aint broke”. 

table 3


table 7


table 5


table 4

Wow!  Was that ever a lot of pictures. 

Hope you enjoyed taking a little tour around our kitchen today.  Sure would be nice to have you join our family for a nice southern cooked dinner.

Maybe someday….


Linking up over at:  French Country Cottage, Common Ground

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home