Nature Filled Shelves

Hello sweet friends.  I hope you are all well.

I don’t know about you, but for me a picture does tell it all.

A few weeks ago, I filled my chippy white shelves to overflowing with some of my favorite pewter and white pieces.  Where there were empty spots, I would tuck something else into the vignette.  These shelves were filled with some of my favorite things.

I walked past these shelves for several weeks and left them just like they were.  And then I decided to take a picture of them.   Pictures speak VOLUMES to me.  I had gone way overboard, and what I thought looked pretty, was majorly cluttered.  But I didn’t really see the clutter until I saw the picture.

Off everything came and I started over.  This time around, I decided to focus on natural woods and nature.

wood box 1


top rows 3

I focused on simplicity.

barnyard


trophys


sachets 1

Lavender sachets are a favorite thing of mine and most of these were gifts from sweet friends.

barnyard 2


I found this old pencil drawing entitled The Barnyard on a recent Goodwill trip.


top 3 rows


bottom 2 rows


shleves 3


shelves 2

Speaking of pictures speaking to me…this picture shows me that I went with a pretty primitive look this time around. 

I think it works for the fall.

Don’t forget the giveaway I am hosting over here.  Drawing will be held November 1st.


I am sharing over at the beautiful blog, Timewashed tonight for her first Blissful White Wednesday Party.  Becky is wonderful and will be a perfect hostess.  Go check her out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home