Fall Mantel Before...Fall Mantel After

At 1:30 this morning, while the rest of my family were sleeping and the hubby gone, I was changing up my mantel.

Keep in mind, this is the mantel that was only decorated for fall a few weeks ago.

It's also the mantel that I kept looking at and thinking how much stuff was on it and that it was keeping my eyes way too busy looking at all that stuff.

I told you...I am simplifying.

I want to show you the before mantel (which by the way, I think I have misspelled in many other posts...sorry...yes, I am a homeschool mom and didn't spell mantel correctly) 

This was the mantel before...



Oh my, why didn't you tell me that it had way too much stuff going on?

And, this is the after...



It still has plenty of pretty on it but in a much more understated way.



It may still have more than some of you like, but I'm thinking it's working for me this time.


My eyes, at least, can rest a little when I look at it.  Know what I mean?

The mantel wasn't the only thing that got changed up in the middle of the night last night, it's just the only thing I have the energy to show you right now.  Five hours sleep does not work well for this girl.



Pray for me as I am preparing for an eight year old slumber party tomorrow night. 

We are hosting a 50's party for six little girls.  And what 50's party would be complete without a Soda Shop/Pizza Parlor?

So tomorrow night at 5:00 pm, Lil Bit's Soda Shop will be open for business with pizza, and all flavors of milk shakes being served.

Heading over to The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursday and Somewhat Simple.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home