Please Don't Hate Me!

I was over by our Goodwill Outlet store on Friday and decided to venture in and buy some books to rip the covers off.  All hardback books are 50 cents and they normally have quite a few old books.  If you have never been in a Goodwill Outlet store it is quite an experience...one that I don't repeat often!   The good news is that all household items are 59 cents per pound.  The bad news is the bins are full of broken glass and trash that you have to dig through.  Not my idea of a fun time!


As soon as I walked into the outlet I saw five Delft tiles laying on one of the tables.  If you have read my blog, even for two seconds, you know how much I love anything blue and white.  I grabbed the tiles and started walking to the book section.

 That's  when I saw it!  My heart
started racing.  I knew I had to grab
 it before anyone else did.  What was
something like this doing in GW?
Were my eyes deceiving me?

 I ran frantically to the other side of the warehouse, grabbed my treasure and headed immediately to the cashier.  I was so afraid someone would tell me it wasn't for sale or that it was already spoken for. I laid the delft tiles on the scale and all five tiles cost a grand total of 90 cents.  Then the cashier looked at my large treasure and said she didn't need to weigh it and ... how about $2.00? 
I almost peed in my pants!!

So you want to see what I got for $2.90?



Yes, a gorgeous hand blown demijohn in perfect condition for $2.00!!  Wahoo!
Hey, maybe I need to frequent the outlet more often.

A few days ago I showed you pictures of  Antiquing On The Gulf Coast  with all the glorious demijohns for sale.  I have a very large one I bought years ago at Smith's Antiques before they became so expensive.  I have also collected others at various places and I would have loved to take one of these home from this trip but not at $125 and up.  Now I am so glad I didn't buy one.

Here is my new 29" bottle with a couple others from my collection.



Please don't hate me. I inherited the gene of finding great bargains from my dad.  He was an antique dealer and as a child we always went to flea markets, estate sales and garage sales where dad would bring home all these fabulous treasures.  Thanks Dad! 

I will be showing off  my latest find at the following parties:

Thanks for visiting and I love to read your comments.
xoxo
Sherry


 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home