A Lot Of Bottoms Have Sat Here...

I had a friend call me a few weeks ago and told me that someone had old church pews for sale for $25 each.  Now you know that I was all over that and couldn't get my answer of yes out quickly enough.  Boy, I have good friends who think of me in times like this.  (thanks, Daff)

Quick story about the pews...There was a group of people (not Christian group) that bought an old church in a small community in Tennessee.  From what I have been told, this church was rebuilt in 1907 after a tornado or something had destroyed the original building.  So, from what we are guessing, these church pews were from the early 1900's.   Are you like me, and think that is so cool?  

I can only imagine the history of these pews.  How many people accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior while sitting here?  How many people felt God's calling on their lives as they sat here and listened to the preacher preach?  What about the guests that sat here to see a loved one get married or possibly the funeral of  a family member who had died?  I can only imagine the stories.  Wouldn't you love to know?

I do know there are initials carved in the seat...




I would love to know who these people are that carved their initials into this wood.  I wonder if they got married or what their stories are. 


Can you guess what's under this end?

No, I haven't gotten it off and no, I'm not going to show you because it's gross. 



It could be worse, but I really don't want to touch other people's chewed up gum.  I'll have to get something and scrape it off eventually.

My pew is sitting out on the deck right now because it is too long to be inside anywhere and I don't have a good covered area for it.  I will have to put a protective coating of something if it stays outside.




For $25, I got a great old church pew with lots of history and also got lots of extra seating for outdoor guests.  Love it!!


Softball update for those of you who knew what I spent the week last week doing...

Beth's team got ninth place out of 36 teams in the World Series Softball Tournament!  My goodness, it was HOT, but what a week it was watching these amazing athletes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home