I've Been Very Busy

I have been really busy the last couple of weeks working on some way overdue projects and organizing.  I showed you the recovered dining room chairs in my last post.  If you missed this you can see it  here.
At my favorite local junk shop I found what I believe is part of a foot board for $3.00.  The size and shape was perfect for a sign I had in mind.



I sanded then dry brushed the wood with a mix of white and cream craft paint


Here is the  font I chose and then enlarged..  Using carbon paper I traced the letters to the board and then painted with a paint pen. The paint pen is the absolute best thing to use on a project like this. Saves tons of time and it is easy to get clean, crisp lines.  Some sanding and Ralph Lauren smoke glaze and the sign was finished.  My cost was the $3.00 piece of wood and $2.25 for the paint pen. Everything else was left over from previous projects.


 

I am happy with the results, especially since it is my first attempt at making a sign  Notice the address...Carroll is my last name!


This is the signs new home!


A sneak peek at what else we have been up to....


I'll be partying this week with the following lovely ladies:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home