A Mini Mantle Makeover

I get bored often with things around my house and love to change things up.  Because I certainly don't have the money to buy things with every whim, I have learned to shop my house and change things around from one place to the other.

My mantle needed a little pick me up, so I went shopping. I didn't change a lot; just enough to give it a bit of a new feel.  Yep, it feels better...and it didn't cost me a dime.  My kind of makeover...FREE.


I know everything is so much the same color, but I love the look.



My little tiara that my Granny got me when I lost the Miss Dairy Princess Contest.  This little rhinestone beauty sits in a trophy won by my Papa, my grandfather. The engraving reads Senior Champion Jersey Show 1959, Lincoln County Fair.  So cool, isn't it? 



I showed you the flour scoop my mom got me for my birthday.  Such a fun way to hold a candle or some other neat thing.  The tall piece was an ashtray that I took the yukky ashtray part off of.  I love empty frames propped up.  They just fill in gaps and layer things so nicely.



 

Do you shop your house? 

You really ought to try moving things around from room to room.  It satisfies that need that we all get to redo something and make it prettier, and it's free.

Head over to Finding Fabulous for her Frugalicious Friday party and My Romantic Home.

Also linking up with Donna at Funky Junk Interiors.

By the way, did you notice my new header?  Once again, my son came through and fixed it up for me.  That ladder is in my dining room.  Yeah, it was free, also. (Side of the road free, as a matter of fact.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home