Cows, Chairs, and Cabinets

Take a look at what my day held yesterday.
cows 1
My uncle took me back to a 100 year old house that sits behind my mom’s house.  It is falling down as you can see, but still had so much neat personality.   Our friends came for a visit in what was once the kitchen.
cows 2
This girl was peeking at us through the window.
doors 1
This is why he really took me back there. 
doors 2
He wanted to show me what he was going to soon be mine.   Mine would be the chippy white beauty on the right!
chairs
Look what spring holds for me…cleaning, painting, sitting, relaxing, loving.
glider
Oh yeah, I love this glider.
chair and bottles
My uncle has tons of this kind of stuff just ready to be taken off his hands.
burlap
That would be 5 yards of burlap from Sirs Fabric Store in Fayetteville, TN.
jelly cabinet
This 100 year old jelly cabinet has a new home.
open cabinet
I will be showing her to you again when she is all decked out.
quilt
An old quilt that was in my mother’s attic…alone…sad…needing a home other than the attic.
lavender
A huge bouquet of lavender that my mom grew and saved for me.  Heavenly fragrance…

I suppose you have already come to the conclusion that everything came home with me except for the beautiful cows.  They had to stay, as I have nothing but a chicken coop for them to live in. 
I’ll show you later what happens to all of my treasures.

***Just a little piece of info about my uncle.  He is a treasure hunter like I have never seen.  Truly, if you ever wanted it, he has it or could find it.  And all of this he just does as a hobby, because he loves it.  He loves the history of it all. 
If there is something you are ever looking for and you live anywhere nearby middle Tennessee, I would love to hook you up with him.  Of course, that also means that I could meet you in person and that would be great. 
Just a thought…

Linking up over at House of Grace, Twice Owned Treasures Party

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home