My Grateful Journal

Lynn at  The Vintage Nest  is having a  Give Thanks  party starting today!  I have so very much to be thankful for that I decided to join in.  I am so thankful for many things including my family,  health,  the love I receive and my blogger friends.  I could go on and on about all the blessings I have in my life but I decided instead to share something that has so much meaning to me and has helped me through some difficult times.

About thirteen years ago I lost my mother to cancer.  Two months later I had surgery and then again several months later I had a second surgery.  I was having a pity party for myself that affected my family, health and my state of mind.  I continued to dwell in this pity for months and then decided I had to let it go and concentrate on the many goods things in my life.

I started writing a Grateful Journal that was for my eyes only.  Sometimes I would write a single sentence and other days my thoughts would fill a page. It could be as simple as " I am grateful that I am loved today" or " I am grateful for my family and friends".   As I filled these pages I truly began to feel grateful again and I started to become happier!


I would like to share a few very special entries with you.


July 3, 2009

I am grateful Steve's surgery went well today. I was so scared I would lose him to this terrible disease.  I am grateful that we found Dr Bo and that he is one of the best in his field.  Dr. Bo said the cancer looks to be contained and he thought he got it all but time will tell. I am grateful for every single moment I have to spend with my amazing husband.

 

October 25, 2010

Another of Steve's test came back negative for cancer and I am so very grateful.   It's been over 15 months since the surgery and every test result has been excellent news.

November 18, 2010

Steve is a cancer survivor!  My heart is filled with gratefulness.

My hope is that you will insist your husband, significant other, brother, father or any other male in your life have a PSA blood test every single year after the age of forty. This simple blood test for prostrate cancer can save lives! 

Just a reminder to enter my Giveaway for a  gorgeous vintage necklace from Providence Ltd Design.

Thank you Lynn for hosting  Give Thanks . 

I will be joining the parties at:


Thanks for your visit and I am grateful for everyone of you!
xoxo
Sherry



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home