A Piece Of Word Art For My Kids

I saw the coolest idea on a blog somewhere that belonged to somebody and I can’t remember who it was or where it was.  I am so sorry that I can’t give credit where credit is due.

I took this picture that was bought at Kirkland’s several years ago that wasn’t used anymore…

picture before

and turned it into this…

art 4

(I am so sorry for all of the shadows…I know, I need Tracy's photo help, don’t I)

This is a very special message that I have said to my children their whole lives.

I always ask them and then answer that I love them more than the sun and the moon and the stars up above…that’s how much I love them.

I know this message isn’t unique to my family, but I love it.  Always have.

Now, every time my children walk upstairs to their bedrooms, they see this at the top of the steps to remind them just how much their mama loves them.

***

Great thing about this project is that I didn’t hurt the original picture at all. 

I took a drop cloth, that I probably should have ironed first, and cut it to fit my frame.  I stenciled the letters on and then hot glued the cloth onto the back of my frame.

Easy project to do.  The hardest part would have been the ironing that I decided to skip. 

The one like this that inspired me was an entire drop cloth that was hung on the wall.  I think I remember it saying, “You make me happy when skies are gray”, or something like that.  She did a wonderful job and I love the larger size, but I didn’t have a place to accommodate that size.

***

Don’t forget my giveaway that I am hosting.  I think you will like it.

I am joining a party over at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia tonight. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home