My Style Evolution...oh my!

Jen at  Jennifer Rizzo  is hosting a fun party called  My Style Evolution where participants show how their decorating style has changed over time. 

I am showing the last two homes we have owned.  I have to warn you that these are scanned images and not the best quality.  Some of these pictures were for insurance purposes and taken minutes before we had to evacuate for Hurricane Ivan!  You'll notice it is pretty clean. I was running around cleaning up the house just prior to evacuating.  My husband thought I was crazy but I thought if it was destroyed I wanted photos of a  clean house!
First is our Florida beach house. We had this home custom built (3 times) and actually still own it.  It was gutted twice within nine months due to hurricane damage.  Upon our move to Virginia two years ago it became a rental and second home for us.  It is still furnished pretty much the same as the photos.  We only brought a few pieces of furniture when we moved.


The coffee table was moved further away so I could get a photo of the sofa for insurance purposes. 

Family Room from 2ND floor landing

The island was originally stained cherry.  After living with it for a while we decided to add bead board and I painted and glazed it.

Downstairs Bath. We had a vintage dresser made into a vanity.

. My favorite room in the house. I wish I had more pictures of our master bath. The tub is a vintage one that we had refurbished and the vanity was made out of a antique French buffet.

Guest room and home office.  My husband made the trundle bed. 


Next is our previous home in Lawrenceville, Ga. We also had this home custom built and we lived here for eight years before moving to the beach house.  Are you ready for the 1980s? 


No one could ever accuse me of being afraid of color!  I did love all the windows in the living room.

What was I thinking with that wallpaper?  It makes me dizzy now.  Everyone tried to talk me out of the white cabinets by telling me white wouldn't be in style in a couple of years..lol.


Thanks for taking the tour with me.  If you would like to see how our home looks today you can click on the pictures on the sidebar.

I'll be joining the parties at:



Join Jen for this link-up party.  I want to see your 1980s style!

If you haven't entered my giveaway please click here

xo,
Sherry


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home