What I Love (Have) To Sleep With

I am one of those girls who loves a good night’s sleep and is kind of grouchy when I don’t get it.  I just feel better when I am well rested.

I am also a girl who spoils herself a little at bedtime.  I have certain things that I just have to have when I go to sleep.

The first thing that is an absolute must is this…

pillows

My satin pillowcases are a must and have been my whole life.  I literally don’t think I have ever slept on anything else but satin.  I take my pillow with me wherever I go and if I couldn’t take my pillow, I would take my pillowcase. 

Does that sound spoiled?  It’s just what I have gotten used to throughout my life. 

When I was a wee little girl, my granny made me my first satin pillowcase.  It was the first of many.

They made me feel like a princess.

I have heard for years that sleeping on satin was better for the health of your hair and now I hear that it is supposed to help alleviate wrinkles.  I can attest to the hair part as it has always been strong and healthy.  At 42, I really don’t have many wrinkles but that might just be because it’s not time yet.  I will let you know as I get older if the wrinkles are at a minimum.

Now that my granny has gone to be with the Lord, my mom has taken over the satin pillowcase making  job and she has taken it over beautifully.  She picks the softest, silkiest satin. 

My next sleep must have is this…

sleep mask

No, it is not a fuzzy animal even though it sort of looks like one.

It is my sleep mask and yes, I sleep with it every single night.

My husband bought me my first one about three years ago and I haven’t slept without one since.  I LOVE that it keeps the morning light from waking me up so abruptly.  I also love that it keeps the room dark if my husband is working on his laptop in our bed.

Can you tell by now that I am a creature of habit?

The next thing is something that my oldest daughter got me for Christmas.

It isn’t really a must have, but oh my, it makes me feel spoiled, special and princessy when I use it.

sleep mist

I spray this on my pillow every night before I lay my head down.  I also try to get a few sprays on my husband’s pillow just in case my head goes over his way.    Bless his heart, he doesn’t complain.

This stuff, my friends, smells wonderful.  Of course, I love lavender anything.

You really need to go to Bath and Bodyworks and get you some of this stuff.  Trust me.

The other sleep necessity is something I am not going to show you because there is nothing pretty at all about it.

It’s my big white box fan that sits right beside my bed.

I can’t leave out the who that I love to sleep with at night.  My hubby…

Do you have certain sleep must haves?  If so, I would love for you to tell me about them because I might just want to add them to my list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home