DIY French Anduze Pot

Hello Everyone!  Thank you so much for all the sweet comments on my win  at Whisper Wood Cottage. 

The weather has been so crummy here in Virginia that it has kept me inside to work on some long over-due projects.  I bought two Anduze style terracotta pots at a garage sale last year for fifty cents each!  The original pots were made in the village of Anduze in France's Gard region.  They are round pots and decorated with a swag of garland.  Orange and lemon trees are normally planted in these pots so they can be moved inside in the case of frost.

Most Anduze pots are solid colors of blue, green or mustard. When we were in France I fell in love with the ones that were terracotta on the bottom and painted with drips on the top half.  These are painted similar to Confit pots.

Here is one of my fifty cent pots ready for transformation. Plain terracotta with gold on the garland.


See the swag of garland?  It was a nice pot to start with and was stamped in the clay "France" and another word that appears to say "Stuio". 

Last summer Marty at  A Stroll Thru Life  showed how she transformed her Chinese stool with spray paint and stain.  I loved this look and decided to try it on my faux Anduze pot.
Here I am experimenting with using white board with my photographs.



I applied two coats of spray paint and sprayed heavier on certain areas to get the drips. Once the spray paint was dry I added Provincial stain to the entire pot wiping off certain areas for a lighter look.  When dry I sanded some of the raised areas lightly for a distressed look. The final step was spraying the pot with Krylon Glaze finish.

A very simple process and I love the finished pot.

Check back here on January 30 for my giveaway and many more at  One World One Heart.

I'll be joining the following parties:


Hugs,
Sherry





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home