The Old Door and the Master Bedroom

Remember my old door that I got out of a hundred year old house not too long ago?

I knew what I wanted to do with it, but it took me awhile to get around to it.

I finally found a pretty enough day to take it outside, clean it up a bit, put some poly on it and bring it inside to where it now happily resides behind my bed.

This gorgeous old chippy white door is now my headboard and I LOVE her.

mb 3

I found my shabby chic king size pillow shams and California king shabby chic dust ruffle both on EBAY for what I thought was a good price.  Both were new…

 

mb 2

The blue ticking pillow was bought at the Nashville flea market this summer.  I saw it in the back of one of the vendor’s trucks and knew I had to have it.  It was full of old down feathers.  I decided to get rid of the feathers because I  just didn’t know how I could clean it up to my liking.  I bought a body pillow from Target to put inside the pillow and ta-da…

My mom made the little burlap pillow for me.  Simple but so sweet…

mb 1

I LOVE this picture.  The combination to me is just perfect.

Yes, it does have a doorknob on my headboard and there is no way I would take it off.  We just have to be careful not to hit our noggins on it.

mb 5

This bench at the end could easily be replaced at some point but for now, it’s what I have and it works.

Story behind it…I found it on a sidewalk where an old building was being cleared out.  It was dark wood and had to have a little reconstruction done on it, but it was FREE!!

basket

I love this old cotton basket and it houses extra pillows perfectly.

mb 6

mb 4

The grapevine wreaths remind me of the crown of thorns and being three of them reminds me of the Trinity. 

I did another post a few months ago on my bedroom and would love for you to take a look if you are interested.  It actually shows a few other projects I did in this room  Check it out here

 

Linking up over at:

My Romantic Home

Common Ground...Vintage Friday

French Country Cottage 

 

****

I want to take a minute and say a big THANK YOU to a beautiful lady that I just won a giveaway from.  Thank you to Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for my wonderful prize.  I can’t wait to use it over at Urban Farmgirl Etsy shop.  Go check out both of these lady’s blogs.  INCREDIBLE stuff, I promise!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home