A Sweet Award From a Beautiful Blogger

A beautiful blogging friend who lives  a long way away from this Tennessee girl, (like Norway far), awarded me with the Stylish Blogger Award.

It’s funny, because I’m not sure what constitutes being a stylish blogger or blog, but I humbly and happily accept this award from Margitta from White As Linen.

I get to share with you a few things about myself that I don’t think you already know.  Bless your hearts, you probably don’t care, but bear with me.

***

1.  I can’t sing, but love to.  I love to sing praise songs and I know God loves my voice.

2.  I have homeschooled all three of my children throughout their school years except for one year at a Christian school.  We graduate our first this year.

3.  I absolutely love teenagers!  My husband and I have been youth leaders in our church for almost eighteen years now and we love it.  Teenagers keep us young and keep us on our toes.  I truly believe teens should be respected, built up and loved. 

4.  I have held a children’s consignment sale twice a year  for the last fifteen years called Wee Swap Children’s Consignment Sale.  This has been the first year for me not to do it as I think I am ready to “retire” from it and pass it along to a younger family to do.

5.  Cleaning, organizing, and projects are calming to me.  I don’t like idle time.

6.  I have had a Diet Dr. Pepper in a bottle everyday for the last three years. (I may have missed a couple of days, but not many)  I try to eat healthy most of the time, but this is my one indulgence.  I am also a creature of habit and this is a habit I don’t want to give up.  I know they are bad for me, so you really don’t have to tell me all of the reasons I shouldn’t drink them.  :)

7.  I do not like to fly at all.  I haven’t flown in over eight years, with the last time being a flight where they had to de-ice our wings.  I would fly if I was offered a trip I couldn’t pass up, but I would have to do a lot of praying before hand.  My husband flies all the time on business trips and loves it as does my son who travels with him often.  It’s a fear I know I need to conquer.

***

Now I get to pass this award on to seven other bloggers that I find stylish.  Again I say, not sure what that means, so I am just going to send it to seven blogs that I love to read.  BUT, there are so many more blogs that I absolutely LOVE and I HATE to only be able to pick seven.  I guess another thing about me that you should know is that I am a people pleaser and I hate to think that I would leave someone out and it hurt their feelings even just a little bit.

Okay, here are seven of my special friends that I love and would love for you to meet as well.

1.  Becky at Buckets of Burlap.  (This lady has become a special friend of mine and I WILL meet her someday.  Her home is gorgeousness all around and she homeschools, and, and,and!!)

2.  Laurie at Welcome to the Turner Farm.  (Laurie is a chef and I so want to eat one of her meals. I am thinking that she is an amazing cook.  She is also sweet beyond measure and has some amazing decorating skills especially in her kitchen.  She has got some great things going on over at her blog that you really should see)

3.  Michelle at Shell's Shabby Shack (Michelle has a beautiful home and she has a beautiful spirit.  Great combination to me.  You will love her decorating style and her sweetness)

4.  Debbie at Words on Wheels (This lady can write like nobody’s business and the things she writes about always suck me in.  She gets me at line one and keeps me the whole way through.  I can assure you that you will love her)

5.  Kolein at Kitchen Table Productions ( Kolein is hilarious!  She has a sense of humor that you can’t help but love and just makes you want to spend time with her.  She has not just one, but two blogs.  She is also a homeschool mama, so we have a lot in common.  You, for real, will love her contagious spirit)

6.  Lisa at Fern Creek Cottage (Lisa is a neat lady with some great ideas.  She is  very creative with making things over and really pushes me to think about what I could do different around here.  I love people who push me to think outside the box)

7.  Lynda at Happenstance Home (Lynda seems to be a very multi talented lady.  Her recipes look great.  The gifts she creates are so creative and the Christmas tree she decorated for her hubby’s mancave was outstanding.  I love versatility in blogs and she offers it)

***

Okay, this was so hard for me.  I can’t  share something about myself without sharing something about these ladies as well.

It was also hard because I left so many people out.  I tried to remember that lots of ladies have already been given this award so I wanted to spread the love around a little.

Now I must ask…Did you really read all of this stuff I wrote because I know I wrote a TON!

You are a sweet sweet friend if you stayed with me and if you didn’t…well you are a still a sweet sweet friend and I do understand you giving up along the way.

Now, take a minute more and go check out my friend’s blogs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home