My Grandmother’s Old Handwritten Recipes

No need for formalities when I’m with friends, right?
I will forever more on here call my grandmother by the name that I called her my whole life and she would want you to also, so…
When my nanny passed away over ten years ago, my dad gave me so many of her things.  I’m talking furniture, beautiful old pitchers, wonderful black and white family photos,  jewelry, old lipstick tubes, purses, precious handwritten letters and recipes…you get the picture.  My dad didn’t want to throw anything away, no matter what it was, so I got it.  I even got old talcum powder and hair brushes.  You name it, I got it and I loved it all.
Of all of the things I got from her, I probably love the handwritten things the best because they were written by her sweet little soft hands.
Until recently, I have kept all of her recipes tucked away for safe keeping.  And then the other day I saw Urban Farmgirl talking about a sweet blogger from Our Hiding Place who had done a neat project with some vintage envelopes she had purchased.  As soon as I saw what she had done with the envelopes, I knew what I was going to do with some of my nanny’s recipes.
recipe  1 yes
recipe 3 yes
Oh, how I love having these in my kitchen.  I love the crumpled, dripped on, worn out paper.  I love that my nanny used these to cook up some of the best meals I have ever put in my mouth.  This lady could cook up a southern meal like nobody’s business.
recipe 2 yes
This little project makes me oh so happy. 
This is one of those things that makes my heart skip a little beat every time I look at it. 
Can you tell that I love my nanny so very much?  Boy, I do. 
And, I miss her…
I am sharing this project over at (1) Beyond the Picket Fence, (2)DIY By Design (3)Common Ground (4)The DIY Showoff, (5)The Lettered Cottage

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home