The Extended Pantry Challenge

I am challenging myself to eat and cook from our pantry and freezer a little longer this time around.  We still have plenty of food to make it work, so why not?

I also have not cooked quite as much over the last few days because of not feeling very well.  I have been a slacker and we have been eating easy meals.

My list on my fridge of things needed to buy is growing longer and longer, but we are still doing well. 

There are a lot of things I will not buy again until the challenge is over.  There are other things, however, that I will restock even while I am still in the midst of this.

Things that I am continuing to purchase are pretty much obvious like milk, juice, fresh fruits and veggies, 9 grain and seed bread and some natural cereals, if they are on sale.

*A side note about the bread.  I went for  a long time where I only made my bread.  I keep wheat berries on hand at all times.  I even have a grinder to grind my wheat.  I still grind my wheat to make pancakes, muffins and such, but the bread became a real chore for me and I just never became “great” at it.  Therefore, I have taken a break from bread baking and am trying to buy the most affordable bread I can buy that is hopefully somewhat good for us.  I usually order five or six loaves at a time from our Kroger deli and freeze it.   If you are interested, the name of what we eat is  Wholesome Harvest 9 grain and seed bread.  It is delish and hearty and we all like it a bunch.

I did have a sweet blogging recommend a book called The Book of Bread that will hopefully help me out with making my bread a little better.  I bought the book but haven’t  used it yet.

So, that’s where we stand today.  I am still keeping with my $25 a week, sometimes going a little under,  sometimes a little over.

No one is starving or even going a little hungry. No one is complaining.

This is so doable, my friends.

  I am saving money and cleaning out and still fixing a good variety of foods even after not going to the grocery store for over a month now except for my few essentials.

Try it!  It might make your husband happy like it has mine!  He LOVES to see me saving money and using what I have.

Hope you are all safe, warm, and feeling great!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home