What I Had With My Coffee

No more coffee posts after this one, I promise.

I just wanted you to see what I had for breakfast this morning with my perfect cup of coffee.

muffins 

We love to have muffins for breakfast and I had just found this recipe from Old Farmhouse Cooking so I decided to try them out.

I am so happy to still have blueberries in the freezer that the kids and I had picked this summer.  I have loved being able to have blueberries readily available anytime I want them.

Today, those berries were used to help create these Oatmeal Berry Muffins.  They were delicious and easy to make.

I want to share the recipe with you in case you are interested in trying them.

***

Oatmeal Berry Muffins

1 1/3 cup all purpose flour    (I like to use half white and half wheat and lots of times just use wheat)

3/4 cup rolled oats

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

1 beaten egg

3/4 cup milk

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup cooking oil

1/2 tsp vanilla

3/4 cup fresh or frozen berries

In a large bowl, stir together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Make a well in the center.

In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, brown sugar, oil and vanilla.  Add to the flour mixture all at once.  Stir just until moistened. (batter will be lumpy)

Gently fold berries into the batter.

Spoon batter into greased muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.  Bake for 16 to 18 minutes in 400 degree oven. 

Cool for 5 minutes before removing.

***

A lot of you reminded me that there is a filter that goes with my new Keurig coffee maker that allows me to use my own coffee grounds  to make coffee.  This will certainly help keep costs down.  Just thought I would let you know that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home