Antique Pickling Jars

Hi everyone!

 If you have been antiquing lately you have probably seen these old pickling jars.  They seem to be the rage right now and even Pottery Barn is selling them as "found" objects for $179.00.   I was in an antique mall a few months ago and these jars were EVERYWHERE.  I bet twenty dealers had them in their booths.  Some said they were French and some dealers said they were from Hungary.  I don't know which is correct but at $149 for the large one I knew they were not coming home with me!

Pottery Barn

I have always had a thing for old jars so of course I loved these... but not the price.

While out junkin with my friend Lynn from The Vintage Nest  I found these two large vintage jars.  No,  they are not the same as the pickling jars but they do have the bubbles and old wavy glass that I love.  They are even larger than the PB ones and cost just pennies compared to theirs.



I have them on top of a antique pine dresser and filled with clock faces and vintage books. 

If you do want the real thing I found an on-line shop that sells the large jars for $90.00.  This is the least expensive I have found.  You can find the ones below at  Debra Hall Lifestyle.


Of course,  if you are cheap like me you can check out thrift stores and antique malls for similar jars.
I like my two just fine for $5.00 each!

PLEASE VOTE FOR ME AT Cheap Sally once per day.

Thank you,

I'll be partying this week with:

xo,
Sherry




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home