We Played House

You know that my sweet friend Becky and her precious family came and stayed with us last week.  Now that they are gone and things have slowed down a little here in Tennessee, I want to share with you all some of the fun things that we did.
  We ate.  We hiked.  We had a bon-fire and movie night.  We ate more.  We drove around looking at the gorgeous leaves. We went to the Nashville Flea Market.  We played house.
You might be wondering what I mean by “played house”. 
Well, let me just tell you.
I really don’t want to embarrass Becky, but can I just tell you that this beautiful lady oozes with talent.  She cooks, she paints, she designs, she decorates!  Oh yeah, and her husband builds.  What a carpenter he is.  (more on his carpentry skills later)
Now you know that I had to ask her to help me change up some things in my house.   And change up, we did!!!   We worked in pretty much every part of the downstairs in my house. 
You do know how much fun I had, right?
I am going to show you little bits at a time because we really did so much.  I also can’t wait to show you the gift that Becky and her hubby brought me.  Oh My Goodness!!! 
Here’s a little of what we did in the dining room…

ladder 3

I found this great old screen door on a sidewalk where someone was throwing it out.    It looks great here in this corner with my beautiful old ladder that I also found on the side of the road.  So thankful for other people’s trash…

ladder 5

Really loving the little banner I made using my nanny’s old handwritten recipes.  I think it looks great in here.

ladder 4

Isn’t that door just fabulous?  Okay, I know that not everyone wants a chippy old screen door in their dining room, but it just speaks volumes to me.

One of the big things that we did when changing things up was to get things off of the floor.  Yeah, bad habit of mine…

buffet 3

These great old crates were on the floor holding extra glasses and extra white dishes.  Now they are on my buffet making a big bold statement.

buffet 4

buffet 5

buffet 1

buffet 2

I can’t wait to show you more, but I figure this is a good place to stop.  I hope you’ll come back and take a look at the rest of the fluffing that we did. 
Let me tell you that I took all kinds of mental notes while we worked.  I’ll pass some of Becky’s tidbits of knowledge along as I go.  I may even have a little bit of my own knowledge that I could muster up and share.
Hope you are all having a great weekend.  Blessings to you all!
By the way, if you haven’t visited Becky before, make sure to check out her beautiful home at Buckets of Burlap.

Linking up over at:  Funky Junk Interiors

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home