My new love

I might think that some of you do know that I started learning horse back riding a year ago.

As a child I dreamed about learning horseback riding and having a horse of my own. But my parents were very anxious about it and that is why I had not  the opportunity to start taking riding lessons in my childhood.

Since we moved to the countryside about 5 years ago, I noticed horses and horseriders all around because there are a lot of equestrian schools and horse breeding farms in our neighbourhood.

I told Jan that I was so sorry to not have had the opportunity to learn horseriding as a child and that I felt too ‘old’ to start now.

But Jan encouraged me and said that if I really wanted to start learning it, I had to take my chance, even at my age!

And so I did!!!

A year ago I pulled my boots on and took my chance! I took lessons dressage at a local manège and believe it or not, after a few falls and ups (literally!!!),

and many lessons later, I felt ready for my own horse!!! Can you believe it!

 

And here she is! My new love, Mango.

1Mango

Mango is a 17 year old mare and is of German origine. Her mother is a Hanoverian and her father is an Oldenburg horse, both known for their gentle character.

 

I ride Mango since the month of May and she is so sweet, so adorable and understanding!! It is so important that as a beginner equestrian, you choose ‘a horse that is able to write and to read’ (a saying we often use here)! So Mango is a 17 years old mare and she is used to have beginners horse riding on her back.

In fact she learned me a lot these past months and she even loves to jump!! She won several jumping competitions.

I am definitely not aiming to start jumping!! Oh no! I will be very satisfied If I could make some progress in dressage in the near future. I will never become a professional equestrian but I don’t care!

My real aim is to enjoy being with her, to ride on her back a few times a week, to take care of her and to give her the opportunity to have a pleasant retirement. She deserves this!

 

5Jan and me and our new family-member.

Sorry for the blurry photos, all taken with my cell phone!

3

2

Me, very concentrated of course!

4 

7

6

With this post I want to thank my husband Jan for encouraging and supporting me to make my child’s dream come true!!

Thank you dear!

 

xx

Signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home