French Wine Bottle DIY

  One day while browsing through an antique mall I spotted this canvas covered French wine bottle. Once I brought my purchase home I never really found a place to put it. Everywhere I placed the bottle it just looked a little boring to me so it has been tucked in a basket for several years. I always thought it would look better with some writing or numbers on it but I was afraid I might screw it up.

I made a pledge to myself on this  post  that I would not keep anything in our home that I did not love. At that time I can honestly say that I liked the bottle but it wasn't love. I set out to change that.

 

Here is the Antique wine bottle before.

Country French Magazine



I used Word to type and print what I wanted on the bottle.  A piece of carbon paper
was taped to the bottle and then the sheet with the printed words on top.  Using a pen
I  traced over the words to get an outline.  The letters were then filled in with a black
paint pen.

Here's the final result!

My bottle is smaller than the inspiration one so I used less words.


Now I am infatuated with the bottle and I think I may be falling in love





I also added the numbers to a $3.00 GW  basket







My sweet friend Andrea of  French Basketeer and Metis Linens  knows I love everything French and especially hand blown wine bottles. She bought this wonderful clear bottle from her favorite antique dealer in Beaune and sent it to me. I was absolutely blown away by her generosity and kindness. I am so very touched by her gift...From the bottom of my heart Thank You, Andrea.
REMINDER



The linky party will be up on 3/16 for you to join in.  If you like equestrian style then
you will love the first home to be featured on  OPEN HOUSE.

If you would like to be featured just send me an email at baubles1035@gmail.com 
Hope to see you all there.

xo,
Sherry

I will be partying at:







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Minimalist Modern Design11 237x300 Minimalist House Design Tips

Started Affect Home Prices Timeyear Home